Monday, November 10, 2008

BMW Doorlock Secret Unlocked

I have a BMW 330xi (2003).

I noticed after parking it with a valet that the doors automatically locked themselves while driving when over ~10mph (I do not have this option programmed for my car). After restarting the car, this no longer occurred.

By happenstance I figured out why the doors were locking themselves:

If you manually open the door (by inserting the key into the driver's side door and turning it left) the doors will automatically lock themselves when you start driving above ~8-10mph.

If you remotely open the door (by pressing the "unlock" button on the remote), the doors will not automatically lock when driving.


After the car as been turned off, this feature will no longer work.
No dealership or forum had this information, so I hope you find this useful.

No comments: